- Study Kit
- Study Materials
- Current Affairs
(Notification) IBPS: 2nd Common Written Examination (CWE-PO/ MT-II) | 17.06.2012 (Sunday)
Submitted by bankpoguru on Fri, 03/09/2012 - 06:17
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
The 2nd Common Written Examination (CWE-PO/ MT-II) will be conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) as a pre-requisite for selection of personnel for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee posts in the Public Sector Banks.
This system of Common Written Examination for recruitment of Probationary Officers/Management Trainees has been approved by the Government of India, has the consent of the Boards of each of the participating Banks and the Managing Committee of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA).
IBPS, an autonomous body, has been authorised by IBA and has received a mandate from the 19 Public Sector Banks listed below to conduct the Common Written Examination. The CWE for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee posts will be conducted twice a year by IBPS.
Prospective Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS before applying for the Common Written Examination (CWE):
Nationality / Citizenship:
- (i) a Citizen of India
- (ii) a subject of Nepal
- (iii) a subject of Bhutan
- (iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit : Minimum: 20 Years Maximum: 30 Years
Qualification: A degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
Written Examination Structure:-
|Name of Tests (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
(with special reference to Banking Industry)
|Descriptive Paper on English Composition
(Essay, Precis, Letter Writing etc)
The above tests except the Test of English Language and Descriptive Paper on English Composition will be printed bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
The Descriptive Papers of only those candidates who secure minimum qualifying marks in each of the objective tests will be evaluated.
Note: There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Test. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If for any question a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as wrong even if one of the given answers happens to be right and there will be the same penalty of 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question deducted as penalty. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- The written examination will be conducted in venues across many centres in India. The list of Written Examination centres is available in Annexure I.
- IBPS, however, reserves the right to delete any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- As far as possible candidates will be allotted to a centre of his/her choice however IBPS also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any of the Centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
- Candidate will appear in the written examination from a Examination Centre at his/her own risks and expenses and IBPS will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- No request for change of centre for Written Examination shall be entertained.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges (Payable from 09.03.2012 to 30.03.2012 (Online payment) and 12.03.2012 to 07.04.2012 (Offline payment) both dates inclusive)
- Rs.50/- for SC/ST/PWD Candidates.
- Rs.450 /- For all others
How To Apply:
Candidates can apply online only from 09.03.2012 to 30.03.2012 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online:
Before applying online, candidates should--
- scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature are within the required specifications as given in the Advertisement.
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready if desired to make online payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges (In case of Offline Payment i.e. CBS candidates have to apply online, obtain a fee payment challan and then remit the necessary application fees/ intimation charges).
- have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the declaration of results of this round of CWE. IBPS may send call letters Written Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
Mode of Payment:
- ONLINE MODE of payment of requisite fees / intimation charges
- OFFLINE MODE of payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges payment of fees / intimation charges through CBS branches of any one of the following 6 Public Sector Banks Bank of Baroda , Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Punjab National Bank, United Bank of India
- Start date for Online Registration 09.03.2012
- Online Payment of Application Fees 09.03.2012 to 30.03.2012 (both dates inclusive)
- Offline Payment of Application Fees 12.03.2012 to 07.04.2012 (both dates inclusive)
- Last date for Online Registration 30.03.2012
- Last date for Editing (prior to submission of online application) Application Details 01.04.2012
- Download of Call letter for Written Examination After 04.06.2012
- The Date of the Written Examination has been tentatively fixed : 17.06.2012 (Sunday).