- Study Kit
- Study Materials
- Current Affairs
(Study Materials) Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude : Time and Distance
Submitted by bankpoguru on Wed, 06/27/2012 - 05:33
Time and Distance
Relation between Time, Speed and Distance
Distance covered, time and speed are related by
Time = ...(i)
Speed = ...(ii)
Distance = Speed × Time ...(iii)
- Distance is measured in metres, kilometres and miles.
- Time in hours, minutes and seconds.
- Speed in km/h, miles/h and m/s.
1. To convert speed of an object from km/h to m/s multiply the speed by . 5/18
2. To convert speed of an object from m/s to km/h, multiply the speed by . 18/5
It is the ratio of total distance covered to total time of journey.
Average Speed =
General Rules for Solving Time & Distance Problems